Thursday, August 14, 2008

Downpour!

Fast moving clouds blew in during my ride, forcing me to cut it short. I had a tough slog home, soaked, blinded, and pedaling through standing water, trying to remember where the potholes and things are!

When there was some lightning, I stopped briefly to call about a ride, couldn't get through to anyone and just took a quick pic and got back to pedaling again. Fortunately there wasn't much lightning after all.

It amazed me how people in cars can't seem to resist yelling out their windows things like 'Nice day for it!' and 'Great ride!' And one car load rolled close alongside me for a ways asking for extensive directions as I pedaled blindly though standing water! I'm still not sure if they were genuinely lost or just trying to torture me!

Despite all that, parts of it were actually kind of fun...guess that makes me nuts ;)

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Eek! Glad you got back safely. It's practice for the Tour, right? :)

Anonymous said...

They seriously asked you for directions?! Sheesh!!

Glad you made it home safely!