Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hot Just to Watch

As I'm not feeling very energetic in this hot August weather, I got my bike 'fix' vicariously on Sunday by watching our friend Chris race the Blount Seafood Crit in Fall River, Mass. He was in the Cat 3 race and worked awfully hard. It seemed like he was rarely on a wheel as he rode past us. His 12th place finish was excellent! You can read his write up on his blog. But I'll share a few of my pics with you too, starting with my best shot of the day:

I'm still getting used to my new camera and get a lot of rear shots when I'm slow on the shutter.

There were lots of splits and if you look closely here, you'll see Chris making an heroic effort to bridge the gap, head down with the white shoulders.

I got a finish line video too.



If you googled to find pics of the race and are looking for someone specific, let me know, I might be able to help. I took some pics of the 3 man break and various pack shots that I would be happy to share.

Jeff and I missed out on watching Jamie at a Tri this weekend, he finished in spite of a crash and you should check out his blog post!!

2 comments:

Judith said...

Hey Sarah nice pics, when I am not racing I take pics at our club races and after a couple of years I get some decent ones, I usually half push the shutter and then as they come into the frame you click and there is no lag time..you probably already knew that, but I still get lots of empty frames and stuff....I have a compact camera, it is a good camera but bike racing tests it just a bit......were you racing?

kate said...

watching won't count for your century ;)