Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rain

I couldn't do my usual sort of road ride today with all the rain, deep puddles and car drivers not expecting bikes to be out there. But, I didn't quit! I drove my mountain bike over to the East Bay Bike Path and did a very, very slow ride, getting a total time of 1:01 just to check the box for the 30/30 challenge.

The picture shows a pretty section of the path which follows an old rail bed. I eventually got soaked, but going at a snail's pace kept the splashing to a minimum.

After such an easy ride today, I should feel energized for the last 5 days of the 30/30 and am still hoping to reach the 60/60 milestone.

6 comments:

Glenn_in_MA said...

Excellent choice for a rain ride!

What type of camara do you use?

sarah said...

I picked out a compact camera about a year and half ago, specifically to carry it in a jersey pocket on bike rides. Now, they make some even smaller ones that I have my eye on! But, in the meantime, I have been happy with my Sony Cybershot 7.2MP with 3x Zoom. The model is DSC W55. It has mixed reviews online, but it has been fine for my snapshots and wasn't as expensive as some, so I wouldn't be too upset if I dropped it or something. It's still working great even after a lot of rides. On really wet rides like today's, I do stick it in a Ziploc baggie.

I take a lot of pics while pedaling and I make sure I use the wrist strap, so if I have to I can drop the camera out of my hand and grab the handlebars without actually dropping it to the pavement!

kate said...

good effort-this appears to be your only 'tick box' ride. really impressive stuff.
even though this was a short (compared to your normal)i know how hard this one was. keep it up, i really want you to get the 60

trio said...

Your motivation is impressive, you are nearly there!

jumbly said...

You'll definitely make the 60 mark, go Sarah, go Sarah!

Groover said...

I just strolled over from Kate's blog. Maybe, but just maybe :-), if it rains again tomorrow morning I will think of your post and get on my bike. It rained this morning so I decided to stay in bed. I felt really guilty later on.

Nice blog. I will be back to see how you go with the 60/60.